Jaipur and Udaipur are two of the most popular tourist destinations in India. Jaipur, the capital of Rajasthan, is known for its vibrant culture and colorful palaces. Udaipur, the “City of Lakes,” is a more serene and romantic city with stunning views of the Aravalli Mountains. This Jaipur to Udaipur: A 2-Day Itinerary for US Travelers who want to experience the best of both cities. It includes a mix of must-see attractions, as well as some hidden gems.Jaipur to Udaipur: A 2-Day Itinerary for US Travelers
Day 1: Jaipur
Start your day with a visit to the Hawa Mahal, or Palace of the Winds. This iconic landmark is one of the most photographed buildings in Jaipur. Next, head to the Amber Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This massive fort is perched on a hilltop and offers stunning views of the city.
In the afternoon, take a stroll through the City Palace, another UNESCO World Heritage Site. This sprawling palace complex is home to a number of museums and courtyards. In the evening, enjoy a traditional Rajasthani dinner at a local restaurant.
Day 2: Udaipur
On your second day, head to Udaipur. Start your day with a boat ride on Lake Pichola. This beautiful lake is surrounded by palaces and temples. In the afternoon, visit the City Palace, a stunning example of Rajput architecture.
In the evening, take a sunset cruise on Lake Pichola. This is a great way to see the city from a different perspective and enjoy the beautiful views of the lake.
Other Things to See and Do
In addition to the places mentioned above, there are many other things to see and do in Jaipur and Udaipur. Here are a few suggestions:
- Visit the Jantar Mantar, an observatory built by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II in the 18th century.
- Shop for souvenirs at the City Palace Bazaar in Jaipur.
- Take a cooking class in Udaipur and learn how to make traditional Rajasthani dishes.
- Go hiking in the Aravalli Mountains near Udaipur.
How to Get There
The best way to get from Jaipur to Udaipur is by train. The train journey takes about 7 hours. You can also fly from Jaipur to Udaipur, but the flight time is only about 1 hour.
Where to Stay
There are many great places to stay in both Jaipur and Udaipur. Here are a few suggestions:
- The Oberoi Udaivilas in Udaipur is a luxurious resort with stunning views of Lake Pichola.
- The Rambagh Palace in Jaipur is a former royal palace that has been converted into a hotel.
- The Hotel Clarks Amer in Jaipur is a charming hotel located in the heart of the city.
The cost of a 2-day trip to Jaipur and Udaipur will vary depending on your budget. However, you can expect to spend around $1000 per person for transportation, accommodation, food, and activities.
- The best time to visit Jaipur and Udaipur is during the spring (March-May) or fall (September-November).
- The weather is hot and humid during the summer (June-August).
- It is advisable to book your accommodation and transportation in advance, especially during the peak season.
- Learn some basic Hindi phrases before you go. This will help you communicate with the locals and get around.
I hope this itinerary helps you plan your trip to Jaipur and Udaipur. Have a great time!